The Ferry Boat Inn in High Burgage, probably by Andrews who took many postcards of the village and sold them in his shop on West End. Moor and Robsons, Celebrated
Hull Ales, also owned both the maltkilns in the village at the time. Next door lived Edmund Cordeaux, the mayor of Winteringham, and due to live eventually to the age of 102. Then we have the
Primitive Methodist Chapel which last from 1868 to 1944 as a chapel, before conversion to other uses. Beyond is Edwin Bray’s shop and at the end of High Burgage the Bay Horse Inn. The
first house on the right, with the bay windows was Mill House.
Pictured left is the lady standing in the doorway of the Ferry Boat Inn.
Picture courtesy of Les Burkill, scanned by Ken Jacobs.